You find the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion at a great price with a cool design and specs that are worthy of its price. It’s a phone worth buying! But why would you want to root it? The answer is simple. You want to unlock the bootloader and root your phone to gain superuser access. This will let you customize your phone to run whatever apps you like, get access to root only apps and more.
The Motorola Moto G40 (2017) is a budget-friendly smartphone with excellent performance. But many users find that their Moto G is limping along with just one or two GB of RAM. This is a problem because the device’s user interface needs more than that amount to run well, and the problem is compounded by the fact that you can’t upgrade the RAM yourself. If you want to give it a boost, you have a few options. We show you how to root your Moto G40 and then how to unlock the bootloader, which will give you the ability to flash custom ROMs on the device.
Motorola is one of the best known smartphone brands, especially when it comes to budget models. Building on the Moto G series, the OEM recently unveiled the Moto G40 Fusion. This is one of those phones with great design and great performance. If you have a Moto G40, this guide is for you. Here is how to root the Moto G40 Fusion and how to unlock the Moto G40 Fusion bootloader. The Moto G series is popular in all markets, as the phones in this series are reasonably priced and also offer almost standard performance. The Moto G40 Fusion was recently released in April 2021. The vanilla option is not currently available for the Moto G40. But if it comes out later, you can follow this guide for regularly rooting the Moto G40. The Moto G40 Fusion has a 6.8-inch screen with FHD+ resolution. The screen supports a refresh rate of 120Hz, which is great for a budget phone. It is powered by a Snapdragon 732G processor and an Adreno 618 GPU. The phone has three cameras (64+8+2) on the back and a 16MP selfie camera. You can also root your Moto G40 Fusion to improve its performance. In this guide, we also explain how to unlock the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion bootloader. Motorola phones are excellent. The only drawback is the lack of punctuality of the updates. However, it doesn’t matter much if you have root access on your device. And if custom ROMs are available, you don’t even have to rely on updates. Rooting is an escalation of smartphone management privileges. With root privileges, you have access to all files, directories and commands. However, to get the root version of the Moto G40 Fusion, you must first unlock the bootloader of the Moto G40 Fusion. So let’s start with the bootloader tutorial.
Unlocking the Moto G40 Fusion Bootloader
Motorola phones, like other Android phones, come with a locked bootloader. The bootloader is an important part of Android’s security. In the early days of Android, the bootloader was not available, but we have come a long way. When the bootloader is locked, the user cannot disturb or modify the device. Fortunately, Motorola allows its users to unlock their phones. And if you want to root your phone, check out the steps to unlock the Moto G40 bootloader first.
- When you unlock the bootloader of the Moto G40 Fusion, the phone is formatted. Therefore, perform a full backup first. Remember that this procedure also voids the warranty.
- Install ADB & Fastboot and the Motorola USB driver on the Windows PC.
- Now go to Settings > About the phone on your phone. Press the build number 7-8 times and it will indicate that you are now a developer.
- After you have enabled the developer options, return to the settings. Then go to System > Developer Options. In the development options, enable OEM unlocking and enable USB debugging.
- Turn the phone off. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button to boot the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion in Fastboot mode.
- When the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both buttons. Then connect the phone to your computer in fastboot mode.
- Now open a command window or CMD on your computer and enter the following command
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- A 5-line code appears on the screen. Copy the code and modify it in one line (use Notepad for simplicity). Remember that in the case of Windows you cannot copy (bootloader) and in the case of Mac Info.
- Now go to Motorola’s unlock page, click Next and sign in with your Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code you just created into Notepad and paste it into the Motorola Unlock page.
- Tap Can I unlock my device and then tap Request key to unlock (don’t forget to select I agree).
- You will then receive the code by mail (Motorola account ID). Copy the code and paste it in the place of the code without apostrophes in the command below and press Enter
- Unlock by fastboot oem code
- By entering the above command, you will unlock the Moto G40 Fusion bootloader. This will erase all data on your phone. After unlocking the bootloader, reboot and configure the device.
After unlocking the Motorola G40 Fusion bootloader, you are ready to use the root method. Now you can also install and restore custom ROMs on your phone. Be sure to read the Requirements section before proceeding with the steps for rooting.
- Make sure you have the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion bootloader unlocked.
- Make a full backup of your data to be able to restore it in case of a problem.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Moto G40 Fusion firmware for your phone (the same version installed on your phone).
1-9 steps to root the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion
Although it is not easy to root an Android phone these days, it is still possible with the Magisk tool. Magisk is a popular tool for seamless rooting. In fact, it is the only effective tool for Android phones. This is all thanks to developer John Wu, who is constantly working on the Magisk project to improve modification and rights management on Android. You can follow the steps below to root the Motorola G40 Fusion.
- Unzip the Moto G40 Fusion firmware and copy the boot.img file to the phone memory.
- Now install the Magisk application on your phone.
- Open the Magisk application and click the Install button.
- In the next step, select the Select File and Repair option.
- Find and select the boot.img file to begin updating the boot image.
- The output file is saved in the download directory as magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the corrected boot image file to your computer in the C:adb directory. Also rename the corrected file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Moto G40 Fusion in Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:adb folder (or platform-tools folder), press Shift+right-click on an empty area and select Open Command Window Here or Open PowerShell Window Here.
- You can check whether the device is connected or not by entering the following command, which should return a device ID.
- Now enter the following command to flash Magisk and root the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion.
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the corrected boot image, reboot the device.
- Install Magisk Manager if it is not already installed.
- Follow the instructions in the application and the device will automatically reboot.
You can check the root status with a root checker app in the Play Store. And once you have root privileges on your phone, you can customize the entire phone to your liking. It allows you to remove pre-installed applications and advertisements from your system. You can also customize your phones with Xposed modules. Also check out how to install the Xposed frame. See also | Google Camera 8.1 download for Moto G40 Fusion So here is the complete guide on how to root the Moto G40 Fusion and unlock the Moto G40 Fusion bootloader. If you have any questions about the root manual, let us know in the comments section. Other Motorola Manuals :
moto g power reviewmotorola e6moto e6 specsmotorola g8 plus,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,moto g power review,motorola e6,moto e6 specs,motorola g8 plus