One of the permissions that you can grant to your Kodi users is the ability to install Kodi on their Mac. However, Kodi library setup is a tedious process especially for those who are not tech savvy. If you are one of those who want to learn how to install kodi on their mac, then you are at the right place.
Kodi is a free and open source media player application for playing videos, music, podcasts and more. Kodi can be installed on computers using Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD and other operating systems. Kodi is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS and other operating systems. It streams digital media to a wide variety of devices.
One of the main reasons why Kodi is so popular among internet streamers and cable cutters is its multi-platform compatibility. Many computer gurus enjoy this versatility since it is uncommon to see. People choose Mac as a top-of-the-line operating system because of its incredible capabilities.
Mac is the second most popular desktop operating system in the world, behind Microsoft Windows. Because of its beautiful GUI and outstanding capabilities, many people choose macOS for personal usage. Kodi for Mac is a program that many Mac users would want to have.
Imagine combining one of the finest operating systems with one of the best internet streaming applications: MacOS with Kodi!
Isn’t it fantastic?
Because of the capabilities and features, having Kodi for Mac OS is an amazing experience. It’s a better choice for people who want their mobile and desktop devices to communicate with each other. A Mac book’s interface and display quality are universally acclaimed, and there is no doubt about it. Online streamers like to view movies and TV programs in high quality, which the Kodi software for Mac allows them to do.
Second, the fact that spyware and viruses are not tolerated in MacOS adds to its appeal. Online streaming may be a dangerous activity at times, and many users avoid it because of the potential repercussions. A Mac user, on the other hand, does not have to be concerned about such problems since Mac is one of the safest operating systems to use.
Another feature that sets Mac apart from other operating systems such as Windows and Android is its reliability. In contrast to other operating systems, Mac applications do not crash. A MacOS user is unaccustomed to file or program crashes, which is one of the features that distinguishes this operating system from others.
So, when compared to other options, internet streaming with Mac OS may be a superior choice!
Is Kodi safe to use on a Mac?
Indeed! Since previously said, MacOS is very secure, as no malware or viruses can infiltrate the system, which is one of its main advantages. Furthermore, unlike other OS users, if the user is utilizing approved Kodi add-ons, there is no danger of contracting a virus.
When users choose third-party Kodi add-ons with spyware and malware in their repositories, security problems emerge. Every third-party Kodi add-on does not have to contain anything questionable in its repository. There haven’t been many instances like this, but a few Kodi add-ons have lately been discovered to be contagious.
However, you can use other Kodi add-ons to stream movies, sports, and other content without worrying about your Mac’s security.
Requirements for installing Kodi on a Mac
The following are the prerequisites for installing Kodi on a Mac:
- Both x86 and X64 CPUs are supported by Kodi. Kodi supports x64 (64-bit CPUs) on Mac systems, thus no further modifications are needed.
- The bare minimum for operating Kodi is a GPU and OpenGL 2.0; however, Mac devices have higher GPU specifications and this would not be an issue.
- For Kodi to operate quickly on your device, you’ll need at least 2GB of RAM.
- Kodi doesn’t take up a lot of room to install, and it just uses 150MB of your disk space.
Installing Kodi 18 Leia on a Mac
- Go to Kodi.tv’s download page and choose the Kodi download for Mac OS icon. Install the 64-bit Installer on your device.
- From your Mac’s downloads folder, open the downloaded file.
- Now drag and drop the Kodi setup file into the Applications folder > the app installation will start.
- Once the installation is completed, open Kodi. (Chances are that you might get an error saying, “can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer”, this is because you have not enabled the permission to install external applications). –To enable external application use on your Mac, right click on the the Kodi app > Select Open. There’s another way of opening the application, you can open the Security & Privacy settings and click on “Allow applications downloaded from:” option.
- That concludes the discussion. You can now use Kodi on MacOS to watch all of your favorite entertainment thanks to its incredible add-ons.
Some of the finest Kodi add-ons for MacOS are listed below:
- Tubi TV
- Movies with Big Stars
These are some of the finest Kodi add-ons for Mac users to try. Some are unauthorized Kodi addons, while others are officially licensed Kodi addons.
On Mac OS, how can I build up a Kodi library?
If you wish to add your metadata to your Mac OS library, follow these steps:
- Kodi should now be open.
- Select Movies from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Files to Enter area.
- Select the option to Add Videos.
- Click on Browse > Now open the folder containing your videos to be uploaded and Click OK
- Once again, click OK, and the folder will be uploaded.
- Return to the main menu and choose Movies from the drop-down menu.
- A window will pop-up > Select Movies, and the content will be added to your library.
You’ve probably figured out that installing Kodi on a Mac isn’t difficult at all. I suggest that Mac users check out Kodi for internet streaming since it offers a lot of cool features. I’ve included a few of the finest Kodi add-ons that you can use to watch all of the newest movies and TV programs, so give them a try.
If you’re a streaming enthusiast who appreciates high-quality streaming software and gadgets, you’ll enjoy Kodi on MacOS. I’ve tried it myself, and I can tell you that it’s worth a try. However, if you encounter any geo-limitations or are unable to install an add-on, you may attempt bypassing the restrictions by utilizing a VPN. To safeguard your privacy when streaming online, you should use a VPN.
Arsalan Saif Uddin Rathore is a business graduate and an experienced marketing professional. He has worked with multiple research think-tanks, NGOs and global organizations. Arsalan has been writing on technology and miscellaneous topics since 2013 and likes to provide a neutral and worthy insight to his readers. Besides being a writer, Arsalan is a Football player, Hunting & Trekking lover and Online Streaming Geek.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up Kodi on my Mac?
You can find a detailed guide on how to set up Kodi on your Mac here.
How do I set up Kodi library?
To set up a Kodi library, you must first create a folder on your computer. The name of this folder should be the same as your user accounts username (i.e. Kodi for Kodi123).
Can you download Kodi on Macbook Air?
Unfortunately, Kodi is not available on Macbook Air.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- kodi mac install
- kodi app
- kodi mac os
- kodi for mac os