The best way to get a message across is through the language it’s presented. Every brand knows this. But what happens when you’re not the one telling the brand’s story? The latest trend in branding is to ask the consumer to tell the story through their images, videos and personal experience.
I am a brand strategist—this means I help brands develop a compelling, engaging story around themselves to help them stand out in today’s super-connected world. My work, and that of all my colleagues, is informed by a core set of values, which help guide our work and help us stay true to who we are.
A brand is not just a logo and a slogan. A brand is a promise that the company is willing to keep. If the brand is clear, it allows your customers to make an informed decision about whether they want to deal with you. If the brand is not clear, it does not allow your customers to make an informed decision about whether they want to deal with you.
Traditional approaches and some innovations will be used to create a strong brand image in 2021. In this article we will discuss the concept of branding and the main strategies. You will learn how to gain consumer trust with 5 branding trends and the importance of visuals. The new approaches in 2021 can be used for visual communication or for an individual marketing offer.
Why is branding so important for business development?
Branding is a marketing term that refers to the process of creating a company name, brand, logo that distinguishes a company’s products from those of other manufacturers.
The development of the brand in 2021 is characterized by the use of online communication and advertising approaches for the products. By applying the right branding strategies, sales of products can be increased through brand promotion. Companies with a strong brand image are attractive to potential employees and customers.
The process of creating a brand involves several steps:
- Market Research : Analysis of competitors and target market needs;
- Define the mission of the brand;
- Development of the brand identity ;
- Creation of a visual identity (colours, shapes, logos, etc.) – all the elements that customers associate with the company and its product.
The three main components of a brand: Product features, customer needs and company values. Based on the needs of the target group, the company creates values that appeal to the customer and are reflected in the quality of the product. In 2021, branding will focus on 4 approaches to develop strategies:
- Integration of the company’s product into the customer’s daily life.
- Maximum benefit from the product, making the brand a reliable assistant for consumers.
- Uniqueness of the brand for the target audience and association with something trendy and necessary.
- Associate the brand with a popular personality, which will make customers want to be just as cool and own the company’s products.
Below we present 9 trends in contemporary brand visualization. You will find the right option for your business.
Foundations of visual brand management Trends 2021-2022
- Respect for the environment. Caring for the environment is not just a fad, but a necessity of the modern world that unites millions of people around the world. You have to think about the sustainability of your products: recyclable packaging, use of environmentally friendly production. It is also important to reflect natural tones in corporate colours to evoke associations with cleanliness and safety in consumers.
- The naturalness of the visual representation of the brand. With the development of social media, a new rule for branding has emerged: maximum openness, honesty, real emotions. By 2021, providers of goods and services are competing not only with other businesses, but also with popular influencers on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Minimalist logos, transparent packaging, simple typography, direct messaging to the customer and an open team life: these are the basic rules for creating a friendly and reliable brand. Show your customers not only a brilliant product, but also a satisfied customer. An excellent example of this is the Bill Murray Jeep commercial.
- Images and fonts in any style. In 2021, there are no standards for visual branding. The only requirement is that the image reflects the values of the company and that all elements of the brand visualization are done in the same style. For ideas, check out free stock photos.
- Adaptive Branding. This means that the company needs to stockpile logos and images in different formats (to create a complete brand book). The goal is to achieve an optimal display on the mobile device of each user. The brand elements should change shape according to the size of the device’s screen, so that the company’s products stand out in any presentation.
- A simulation of the real world. In 2021, the focus will be on the online presentation of the brand. Especially since the pandemic of the coronavirus, more and more sales are made online. Therefore, a company should ensure that the representation of the brand online is as realistic as possible. The buyer must have a compelling effect. Integrate all brand elements into your online presence as much as possible. Skeuomorphic design – which mimics both textures (leather, wood, stone, etc.) and audio branding – is becoming increasingly popular. High resolution stock photos can help you with the design.
- A dream brand. What is a buyer looking for in a world of disaster and bad news? Relief, hope, faith in a bright and colorful future, happiness. Give your customers that feeling by creating a brand based on the dream. Add lightness, naivety and pastel shades to the display. Create a sense of security and confidence in the best. Don’t be too serious. Stock photos for commercial use will be good resources.
- Minimalism + Baroque. In the style of the brand for 2021, it would be nice to diversify the minimalism with a sophisticated baroque. The company logo should remain discreet and not be overloaded with complicated fonts. And at the same time, you need to add an original swing, which will be memorable at first glance and will attract attention. A brand should not be boring. Balenciaga, Uniqlo are good examples of neo-baroque in a corporate logo.
- A nostalgic reference to the history of the brand. Combine visualization, verbal communication and customer service logic into branding. Follow the path of your purchase. Think about what drives a customer to seek out your product, how they communicate with the company to close the deal, what happens after the purchase. You can design your product promotion, packaging and even a receipt. It all becomes a brand story in itself. Add notes from the 80s and 90s (music, movie references). The nostalgia of the millennials will make them die-hard fans of the brand.
- Make active use of the latest technological developments. Add modern technology to every stage of building a brand. Think about what sets you apart from the competition. Additional smartphone applications for your business, commercial beacons, voice recognition, health monitoring and more. Take an example from Nike – they have developed an app for aspiring athletes.
How do you create a memorable brand?
To ensure that your brand attracts customers and that they choose your product from thousands of others, you need to follow a few tips:
- Determine how useful your brand can be to the customer. Shaping the values of the company. Make sure your product or service anticipates customer needs. Consumers need to know they can always count on you. If you sell flowers, the customer should always receive a fresh bouquet, be able to choose from a catalogue, order delivery, pay easily, etc.
- Imagine your ideal client. Even describe your buyer fully, including gender, age, marital status, occupation, income, preferences. The more information you have about your target audience, the easier it is to meet their needs and thus improve your brand image.
- Create an emotional bond. Think about the emotions the customer expects from your product (there may be several, at different stages of the interaction). Give him a sense of calm, because the order will be fulfilled on time, and a sense of superiority, because your gift will be the most original among all the guests.
- Find similarities and highlight resources. Think about the stages of customer interaction where you need visual impact. Storefront design, website development, packaging and much more.
- Develop different brand concepts. This requires brainstorming with a manager, a marketer and a designer. The more visual brand ideas you create, the richer your selection will be.
- Strengthen your brand. Assemble a team to analyze the company’s performance and make suggestions for improvement. Use customer testimonials, royalty-free stock photos, and marketing analysis.
Branding is not an easy task. But careful preparation and attention to detail can make your brand recognizable around the world. Establish the benefits of your product, the emotions you want to evoke in the customer, do customer research and develop the values of the business. Express the value of your product visually, get customer feedback and strengthen your brand.As a business and marketer, I have a couple of recurring questions: “How do I develop my brand?” and “How should I develop my brand?” Many of the answers I have been provided are not very helpful. Instead of giving us a list of cookie-cutter answers to these questions, I am going to share some of my own insights and experience, with a bit of brainstorming in the middle, so that you can get a better understanding of what is really happening in the world of branding.. Read more about marketing plan 2021 template and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best marketing strategies in 2021?
The marketing strategies you’ve been using for the past decade may not be effective forever. New technologies and marketing trends are rapidly shaping the future of marketing. While marketing tactics from the past may work well for your brand, they may not translate well into the future. So how can you make your brand thrive in a world that is changing so rapidly? At the moment, advertising campaigns are using both traditional and creative medium to promote products. Traditional mediums such as TV, radio, magazines, and billboards are still the most effective mediums to advertise and promote products in. Creative mediums including video games, online, and social media have made advertising even easier.
What are the 4 branding strategies?
The type of person who reads this blog is one that has a creative streak—a problem solver—and a sense of how brands work. We’re looking to the future, and the ways that brands will evolve to meet our personal needs. Branding is a term that is used too often in the tech and gaming industries. But what exactly does it mean? Well, branding encompasses everything from the name of the company and the logo, to the marketing materials used and the general tone of the brand. Key elements include the company’s mission, the tone of voice, the brand personality and the brand’s target market.
How can branding strategies be improved?
Every product has a brand, a logo, and a name. And every brand is different. The same goes for companies. Their branding strategies are very much different from one another. Sometimes the branding strategies of a brand can be very creative, and make the product stand out from the rest. Sometimes, branding strategies can be very traditional, and make the product look similar to other products. You’ve got your brand. You’ve got your message, and you’re ready to market your company. But where do you start? Making a brand is never as simple as a logo design or a tagline, and it never will be. Your brand is your business. It’s your product. It’s your message. Your brand is your future. It’s your brand.
branding trends 2021brand identity trends 2021best marketing strategies 2021personal branding trends 2021marketing plan 2021 templatebrand development strategies,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,branding trends 2021,brand identity trends 2021,best marketing strategies 2021,personal branding trends 2021,marketing plan 2021 template,brand development strategies,brand design trends 2021,marketing strategy 2021